What it is and what it isn't.
Certification through the Institute does not infer excellence in facilitating family constellations. No training program can confer the soul and artistry that comes with experience and integrity in facilitating this work. We have done our best to provide our students a firm foundation on which their skills and passion for the work can grow. Providing students with a valuable learning opportunity is our priority.
Certification means (a) the student showed up, and (b) the student completed the required course work in a satisfactory manner.
Certification is not an endorsement by the institute; it is an acknowledgement of the student's effort in completing the program coursework and a good faith acknowledgement of his or her engagement with the Family Constellation work of Bert Hellinger. In a way, completing the course is like getting a driver's license: the student knows enough to begin facilitating in a responsible way.
If you are reading this page to determine what one of our students knows and what he or she has learned, what we can provide you is the list of requirements for certification in the program year the student was trained. Whether or not the student has the heart and sensitivity for your particular issue is up to you to decide. The Human Systems Institute does not endorse nor assume any responsibility for actions, non-actions, words or behavior of any of its students, certified or otherwise.
For example, the certification requirements* for the 2001-2002 FCTP were:
- Complete the self-assessment questionnaire three times throughout the training on the specified dates
- Attend a minimum of ten of the eleven training weekends.
- Complete a minimum of eight process level workshop days with Jane facilitating.
- Complete a minimum of six process level workshop days with at least two other experienced, qualified facilitators.
- Do two constellations of your own, your family of origin & current family.
- View eight videos of Bert Hellinger and complete report forms for each video.
- Lead or co-lead one study groupódirect the teaching portion and either facilitate a workshop or lead a group learning exercise.
- Facilitate at least one constellation under supervision.
- Complete the minimum required reading.
Please Note: certification requirements listed here are typical of our programs. Requirements do vary depending on the program and the program year.
Not all students have chosen to list on our alumni directory (for example, many of our foreign students have not listed.) This is a voluntary listing service that we provide for our graduates (and it's fairly recent).
©2002, 2003, 2008, 2011 The Human Systems Institute, Inc. All rights reserved.